Gumbograss

Gumbo - Because I'm in Louisiana and I LOVE a good gumbo! Grass - Because I play bluegrass music.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisiana, United States

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Really Big Shoe

Wow, it's been a year and a half since I've posted here. LOTS has happened, and I can't recap it all now, but life is good. Here's the "Really Big Shoe" stuff:
Saturday, March 7, 2009, BOTH of my bands, will be playing (along with 2 other bands) at the Old South Jamboree in Walker, LA. This venue has been around form decades, and they have traditionally done Country and Gospel shows. Our show will be all bluegrass, and if it goes well, it may turn into a regular gig.

The line up: Tuning South, Sweet Tea Bluegrass, Bayou Bluegrass (I play banjo and sing mostly backups), The Darold Dixey Band (I play banjo and sing mostly leads).

I'm pretty sure the show starts at 7 pm, but I'll be getting more details, soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home